Friday, April 18, 2008

Dramatic Suspense

That's what I was going for. Really. I made a blog back in September, and waited until now to post another entry. It was all about suspense.

Now that I'm done lying to myself, I would like to point out that I experienced an earthquake last night! It was odd, exciting, and a bit scary. It woke me at 5:30 in the morning--it sounded like a garbage truck. When I got out of bed to see what was happening, the floor started to shake.

Now, I never lived in the Midwest until recently, so I never had to deal with tornadoes. I know, tornadoes are not earthquakes; but let me explain how they relate in my head. I have conditioned myself, as a newcomer to the Midwest, that anytime some strange weather thing happens, to run into my closet. So, when I felt my floor shaking (mind you, I am on the ground floor) what did I do?

That's right. I ran into the closet. Brilliant!

After being in there for about three seconds, it dawned on me that the closet was not the place to be, and perhaps I would be better outside. By the time I got to my door, it was all over.

Apparently, there is no link between law school and understanding what to do in an earthquake. Who would have thought?

No comments: