Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Deep Breath Before the Plunge

I'm almost ready.

I have trimmed my nails down to a very low point, and lacquered them with clear nail polish. I have laid out my clothes for tomorrow, meticulously planned for the occasion. I will shower tonight, so my hair is easier to deal with tomorrow. I have been going to the gym for months, to make sure I am in shape for this.

What is this event, you ask? Prom? No, because I'm law school. Well, is it law prom then, better known as Barrister's Ball? Oh, no.

See, this is combat I am going into. In addition to the above, I also have a band aid wrapped around my finger where I get blisters from holding a pen, I have all my pencils sharpened, I have a new battery in my computer, and I have countless stacks of paper to aid me.

It's exam time. Tomorrow marks the beginning of the two week exam period, which will end in a miserable eight hour exam, a twenty-five page paper, and a ten page paper. Not to mention the exams that come before it.

So, hold your breath, plug your nose, and take the plunge. Wish me luck.

No comments: