Friday, May 30, 2008

Blogging in the Rain

Currently, our street is a river.

No, not as a result of some global climate life altering earth changing event. Unless that's how you routinely define a massive thunderstorm with a side order of tornadoes.

I keep asking Vor if we should go into the basement, and he continues to think I'm nuts (he's right--we haven't had any evidence of tornado touch downs near us).

I am just ceaselessly impressed by the fact that our street has a current, and waves. Now its creeping up into the driveway, and soon it will make its way over the curb and into our front yard. To give you an idea of how impressive this really is, there are people parked on the street whose hubcaps are in the water, and it is rising.

And cable went out in the middle of my show. ACK!

This reminds me of the time well one of the man times, but certainly one of the more memorable times) that my parent's basement flooded. I wanted to go swimming in the basement, but my parents, with years of wisdom and experience, knew where that water had come from and refused. However, the dog forgot to ask my parents whether he could take a drink.

He made such a mess in the living room my mom had to call a professional cleaner.

Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

No comments: