Friday, May 30, 2008

Love/Addiction

Sci-fi. You love it, or you hate it. I personally am on the love/addiction/obsession side.

I was just cut off from Battlestar Galactica by the untimely occurrence of a thunderstorm. Vor has informed me that since all cable is out, it is likely not recording. Frak!

Whoops. Pardon my French. (If you don't get the joke, then you're just not cool like other BSG lovers).

Also, there is Stargate. Any and all versions, whether it is the movie, the two different T.V. series, or any other thing they want to come up with. That's fine with me. I even read Joe Mallozzi's blog, though I admit I just enjoy the pictures of the food and his dogs.

Of course, I approve of the Sci-Fi channel in general.

Star Wars. Oh, Star Wars. I was a fan before they released the episodes and it became cool again to be a fan. I could recite those movies to you. My mother once asked me what the fifth word of Empire Strikes Back was. It's "seven" in case you were wondering. (As in "Echo Three to Echo Seven. Han, old buddy, do you read me?") My nephew, aptly named Jedi on this blog, has taken after his Auntie Grace, has his room decked out in a space theme, and can recite all the Star Wars movies to you, including the Clone Wars video game. I can't wait until he's old enough to give him the Star Wars books.

I have Star Wars ornaments. Vor has Star Trek ornaments. We actually might need to get a Christmas tree just to put our sci-fi ornaments on.

If that isn't love/addiction, I don't know what is.

No comments: