Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Screwed!

When's the last time you had a tetanus shot? Huh? Huh? 'Cause I bet I know my last two dates better than you.

Oh wait, that's because one of them was yesterday.

On lovely, sunny Memorial Day, I was blissfully cleaning the new house and doing some laundry. Sounds boring, but everything is fun when it takes place in a new house. Prior to moving in, Vor and I both swept the basement, to clear out any rusty nails or screws.

Guess I missed one. ::Looks down awkwardly::

Not only did I step on a screw, it landed in the softest, most vulnerable part of my foot. At that moment, the words that came out of my mouth would have made my Uncle Sub, a former sailor, proud. After Vor helped me upstairs and we determined that yes, it had broken the skin, you know what he said? "There's a reason why the bottoms of the feet are the subject of torture."

Thanks. I think I figured that out on my own.

The first thing I did after I could walk again was get a pair of slip on Crocs. They're sitting at the top of the basement stairs.

No comments: