Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Time in a Bottle

Have you seen those allergy commercials? The ones that talk about time in a bottle?

They're true. They ARE NOT KIDDING. I personally don't think it matters what allergy medicine it is, it is time in a bottle. I just wish I hadn't fought the magic for so many years. I was all, "No, I don't even take Tylenol, what on Earth makes you think I would take a Claritin?" But I have awakened. I have seen the light, and brothers and sister, it is a beautiful day outside!

I know I sound ridiculous. But you don't understand. We first figured out that I had allergies when our dog died my freshman year of high school, and my persistent cough-runny nose-red eyes magically went away. Needless to say, we promptly got another dog.

Then I moved to Indiana. Oh. My. God. Corn fields, HARVESTING, pollen, it was like my own personal hell had descended to Earth and sat itself at my bistro table on the porch. Still I suffered in silence (well, sometimes not so silently). And then, miracle of miracles, this week, I am standing in my sister's kitchen, doing my wheezing thing, and she slams the damn allergy medicine down in front of me, and gives me the look that she has perfected. And I took one. And suddenly, I didn't have to search for tissues, or eye drops, or sneeze, or feel woozy, or have to go in and sleep because the powerful pollen was taking me over.

I am here to tell you, if you have allergies, take the damn pill.

No comments: