Monday, October 13, 2008

Gone Away

I am curled up, under a giant comforter, in a cool room. All would be well if my husband was with me.

Huh?

Let me explain. I commute. I have class from Monday through Wednesday (it is much more intense than it sounds). My law school is an hour away from my home. After having class from 8:45 am to 9:00 pm, I just can't drive home. I swear, I might not make it. And--there are lots of deer. I just know I would hit one.

So here I am, at my friend Velvet's apartment. Her cats (see "Stoner Kitties") are piteously meowing and yowling and otherwise scratching at the door, desperate for food. Perhaps they can smell the dinner I brought into my room and hid form them. Perhaps Velvet gave them more cat nip (I shudder at the thought).

This commuting is awful. I leave notes for Vor, and he sends me silly and *ahem* entertaining emails and notes, but really. Who envisions their married life as only part time?

The complaining is a good thing, I promise. It means we have a good thing that I hat to leave for even a few days and nights.

2 comments:

LawMommy said...

You have class from 8:45 AM to 9:00 PM? (I mean, I'm assuming you are fitting in about five classes plus study time in there?) Even so, that's got to be exhausting.

Graced said...

Yeah, it's a real downer of a day! My last break (which I always plan on doing so much work in) is totally useless. My brain is so numb that I play solitaire.