Sunday, October 5, 2008

Take the Battery Out of That Clock!

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Anyone hear that? No, it's not the crocodile from Peter Pan swimming by, but close.

I think that noise is the infamous, feared, loved, hated, and held in awe, biological clock.

And I'm pretty sure it's not mine.

Mine breaks out in occasional spots. My nieces and nephews are awfully cute and cuddly, and other people's kids, when they are being cute and clean and calm, are nice to have around. Moments like that make me smile, and sigh a little sigh. For about two seconds, and then I remember babysitting.

Babysitting, all you parents out there--make your kids do it. It is the best form of birth control.

Anyways. This weekend, we have had two friends come visit, complete with spouse and child. And the kids are cute! And... Vor is having an awful lot of fun playing with them. He snuggles, gets them to smile, laugh, run, spin around, and fall down.

It's actually rather frightening watching him, for one reason only. The only time I ever desire to have a child is when I am watching him do this. Must be a sign of how great a dad he will be someday.

Someday is not anytime soon.

No comments: