Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Eavesdropping Makes you Laugh

Ever try it (unintentionally)? It really is good for a laugh.

I was strolling outside in the yellow and red leaves when I caught a snippet of a conversation that made me laugh.

Girl 1: "I don't know, I walked outside this morning, and I was just expecting...CHANGE."
Girl 2: "Like what kind of change?"
Girl 1: "I don't know! Just CHANGE! Anything from a dime on the ground to the sky being green!"

Okay, maybe you had to be there, but it was funny.

Of course, the most classic conversation I've ever overheard was this one, from two girls one row ahead of me on an airplane:

Girl 1: "Chernobyl....Chernobyl...What is that? It sounds really familiar..."
Girl 2: "I haven't heard of Chernobyl. It must be like Barnes and Noble. "

I planted my face into my tray table at that one.

No comments: