Tuesday, November 18, 2008

You Can't Make Me Pay Attention!

I. Hate. Secured. Transactions.

It is fifty minutes of hellish lecturing, with a sprinkling of cold calls. It is as boring as laying face down on a carpet and counting fibers. I went to law school to AVOID math, not do more of it in class.

The teacher is teaching the course backwards. Literally, we started at the end, and now we are getting to the penultimate question--"What is a secured transaction?" Really, maybe we should have started with that. Maybe.

Also, there is this guy--there's always this guy, right?--that asks about five long winded questions a class, and then giggles after each question. He also giggles throughout our professor's answer.

I am not a giggling person.

In other news, I have clients who cannot pay attention.

Sigh.

3 comments:

LawMommy said...

Secured transactions was, hands down, the WORST CLASS I took in law school. Ten times worse than tax law. Far, far worse than civil procedure (and my civ pro prof was drunk a lot.) My secured transactions professor DIED halfway through the semester and that was NOT the worst thing about the class. (I feel horrible saying that.)

Graced said...

If that wasn't the worst thing that happened, I don't want to even think about your secured transactions class!

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Secured transactions is 50 minutes of hell three days a week. I am a good student in the top 15 percent, yet I have absolutely no idea what is going on in this class. I read the text. I read the statutes. I don't know what I just read, and the whole time I am trying my darndest to read with an engaged mind.