Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Avert Your Eyes! Cover Your Ears!

Vor is going to roll his eyes when he reads this. Just stop now, love. Go get a cup of tea, and pretend you never saw this entry.

I was thinking about babies yesterdays, for long complicated reasons, none of which has ANYTHING to do with me wanting one right now. Velvet (my semi-roommate) and I were talking about surrogacy, and she noted that she had actually wanted to offer herself as a surrogate, but that the baby would have been due right around the bar exam.

For future reference, I have a question: how the hell am I supposed to litigate and be pregnant?

I mean, my sister's morning sickness was actually all day sickness. I can't just say to the judge, "Your Honor, would you please be so kind as to pass me that garbage can behind your comfy chair? The morning sickness, you know..."

Though come to think of it, there are a few judges that I will be practicing in front of who would not only cheerfully hand me the garbage pail, but would also make sure the court reporter turned off the recoding so the sounds of sickness weren't on the court record.

I can't arrange my schedule around morning sickness. I can't arrange my morning sickness around my schedule. Having worked at this place for two years now, I can safely tell you that I will be in court almost every day. There were times this past summer when I didn't see my cubicle for a week at a time.

People at work would be totally cool with it. I mean, we have this great comfy room with soft couches, and it's dark...the two attorneys I work with have totally been known to take a nap from time to time.

Just can't shake that image of my morning sickness someday being recorded for public record.

No comments: