Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hand Me the Chocolate, And No One Gets Hurt

Instead of me telling you about how I am laying on the floor, sick with who knows what, watching hours of Stargate re-runs with a pitcher of water, I am going to tell you about my (mis)adventures with chocolate.

I was reminded of some of these mishaps after begging Vor incessantly for a piece of chocolate last night, and as always, he got a kick out of my desperate want, no, need, for chocolate.

He laughs about these things until he remembers one of the following:

1. The time I actually ate baker's chocolate. And liked it.

2. My incredible ability to consume a thus far unlimited amount of the richest Godiva chocolate you can possibly find.

3. When I was very young--about three or so--my sister, Scrappy, took me to see my first movie, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. She bought me chocolate covered raisins. I sucked the chocolate off, and handed her the raisins, saying, "Here are the pits!"

4. When I was about two, my mom loves to remind everyone that I was in the kitchen, and she was in the back of the house. She popped a piece of chocolate in her mouth. I wandered into the room a few minutes later, looked at her suspiciously, and announced, "I smell chocolate."

See? It's not my fault. I have always been this way. Vor and his family marvel over my family's ability to consume an entire box of gourmet chocolates within 24 hours. I think this is normal.

Must be genetic.

No comments: