Tuesday, January 13, 2009

If I Was a Rich Girl...

There's a lot you could do with $500.

I could get the iPod touch I've been dreaming about, or maybe a new laptop. I could certainly get a new desk, and I know exactly which one, too. That could also be a very interesting trip to the jewelry store. Vor could get a new suit, or buy Star Trek movies to his heart's content.

I was $500 dollars richer yesterday.

Then I bought my law school text books.

Brutal. The clerk checking me out tried to make me feel better by saying, "Don't worry. I've had a few law students come through and spend $1200. You've got it made!"

Yeah, lady. Made for broke.

One summer, when my sister first moved into her new house, she, my brother in law (PD), and I sat on their porch, thinking about what we would do if we won the lottery. Suffice to say, we have some pretty ridiculous ideas. The clear winner was mine though--

I told them I would buy cargo pants so that I would have enough pockets for all of my money.

No comments: