Friday, February 6, 2009

Awkward.

I don't really know what to do with this, so I'm just going to put it out there.

I cam back from being gone for four days, three nights, as usual. I was working furiously when Vor came home, and I worked until ten at night. At some point, it dawned on me that he was going to bed, and I moseyed my way there.

And then I layed there and looked at him. And he looked at me. And it was totally awkward.

Being gone last semester for two night was hard, but not like this. It was like we had a total disconnect and needed to re-introduce ourselves. (Hi, I'm Grace, and I'll be your wife tonight... Oh, excellent! You look so much better in person than in the catalog!)

Awkward.

1 comment:

LawMommy said...

I'm sorry that was awkward. I've never been away from my husband for more than an occasional weekend, maybe once a year? (With the exception of the first year we were married, we moved to Japan, and he had to leave 3 weeks before me, so we were newlyweds separated for 3 weeks, which felt awful.)

The point is, I have no advice, but I'm sorry it was awkward.