Saturday, April 11, 2009

Objection!

Heard in my Trial Advocacy class:

State: "In fact, you are just a liar, aren't you? A liar who is too much of a coward to do the right thing?"

Defense: "Objection!"

Long pause.

Defense: (muttered under breath) "Crap...freeze up..." (then, audible) "The State is being mean to my witness?"

********************************************************************

State: "Mr. Witness, how do you recognize this gun?"

Witness: "Well, it's really rare to see the model with the two laser blasters attached to the front."

********************************************************************

State: "Mr. Witness, how do you recognize this gun?"

Witness: "Oh, it's got a Hello, Kitty sticker on the bottom of it. Defendant told me that his kids put it on there, because he lets them play with his gun ALL the time."


I love my Trial Ad class. I think I'll really miss it.

No comments: