Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Blog Salad II

A blog salad, kind of like my brain feels.

Lettuce. Oh. My. God. It's over, done, finished, caput, finis, complete. So now, the bulk of the time I spend is studying for exams, and finishing up my litigation classes (settlement? who does that?). It's strange to be done with law school, and with school generally. I've never been anything but a student, so this is surreal.

Vegetables. If the bulk of my time is spent thinking about exams and how the end of my life as I previously knew it is over, then the veggies on that particular salad would be the questions. You know, the ones that keep you up at night (well, not me, I've been so tired I practically fall into bed). They sound something like this: What if I'm not good at my job? What if I'm a bad lawyer generally? What if I burn out on my job--all those children? When will I ever find time to have a life outside my job? When will I have time to go to the gym? What if the sky falls on my head? And so on. Not really kidding about the last one either. Oh, and I guess this particular salad is an even mixture of lettuce and veggies. I am a worrywart after all.

Croutons/Cranberries/Almonds. The sweet stuff. I love doing stuff around the house. Planting basil plants for fresh basil at my very whim makes me happy, as do the following things: my flowers in the window box, the budding rosebushes (wait until you see the pictures!), my compost pile (I can't explain it), and the possibility of tomato plants in the garden. If salads could have whip cream, this one would--my mom and dad, brother and most likely my sister will be in less than two weeks.

Salad Dressing. My mom's garlic salad dressing. It's delicious, very garlic-y and tangy. However, one time, she added too much of something, and managed to make it eye poppingly bitter. So it's a delicious salad dressing that you are always slightly apprehensive about putting in your mouth, just out of sheer associative memory.

No comments: