Friday, August 21, 2009

House Edition

As I type the next sentence, I want you to imagine me staring at you, just blinking, with my head tilted to the side like an inquisitive puppy.

We bought a house?

I'm just not quite sure how this happened. I mean, we were looking with the intention to buy a house, and then suddenly we were making offers, and then we had a house. And it all happened while I was gone, so it seems completely surreal.

Or rather, it seemed completely surreal until we realized what our budget was going to look like for the next few years, and I had to sit down with my dad and negotiate how to pay off my law school loans, etc. Then it was all painfully real, laid out in dollar terms. So I panicked, in true Grace fashion, and obsessed over how this was even possible to do. In true Vor form, he gave me every bit of information he possibly could, and I panicked more. Then, in true married couple form, we went through every bit of information until it all made sense. So now I am excited!

We have a house! Yes, I know, there's all the inspection, appraisal, and other events to go through. But it sure is pretty. We're in a neighborhood with young couples and lots of kids, and I'm only ten minutes away from my office, twenty five from the courthouse. The house is plenty big enough for us, some kids, and a puppy.

So, thus ends my time in Buffalo. Today is spent going through stuff from high school, pitching most and keeping some, saying goodbye to my family, and hitting the road bright and early tomorrow.

In my car that screams run me off the road.

No comments: