Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Blog Salad III

Life is a salad.

Lettuce
. Every time I even say the word lettuce, it makes me giggle as I think, "Lettuce be friends," or something else equally ridiculous. Anyways, lettuce, the meat of the salad. The dog. No, the dog is not meat, but this dog is taking up all my time. He's only been here since Tuesday, and he is already bigger. He used to be able to walk under the rocking chair, but he can't anymore without hitting his head. We decided to pen him in my closet at night, because when he wakes up, he starts howling if he thinks no one is around. See:

That's Telly, mid howl. This way, he can hear us breathe. Of course, this means I can't sneak out of the room to the bathroom without waking him up. Sigh.

Vegetables. There's a variety of vegetables, those sometimes nasty but always necessary things, this week. Housebreaking. I swear, the floors have never been cleaned so often. The whole place smells like Lysol. Finances. Buying a dog was an irrational decision, given how little money we have. I feel bad even grocery shopping, though the coupons ease the pain a bit. Hopefully, it will only be this tight for a few years. Impending work. I start back at work on Thursday, and I'm nervous. Yes, this is where I've worked for the last few years during the summer, but it feels different. Now there's the possibility of a malpractice lawsuit, there are cases and kids that are all my own. Who the hell decided it was a good idea to let me out of law school and hand me responsibility?

Croutons/Cranberries/Almonds. Work. I know, that's cheating, but I really am looking forward to going back. I'm so sick of being a student, and so ready to move into the real world. The new house too--Vor and I are excited about, thinking about where to put stuff, when to pack, when to move, who to trick into helping us move, etc.

Salad Dressing. Lemon with olive oil and dill. There are some bitter moments, but it balances out nicely.

No comments: