Friday, October 23, 2009

Here Piggy Piggy

I am all about all things pig.

Oh, bacon. I just fried up a whole package of bacon to use in my delicious (de-lish-ish!) potato cheddar soup. I made an entire stock pot full, using seven pounds of potato. Why so much? Because I am pleased to tell you that Baby H is still hanging around, coming in at one month today. So instead of casseroling the mom and dad, I am souping them. But yes. A whole package of bacon.

Oh, and the bacon popped and spit in my eye. So my eye burns, and can you get swine flu from bacon? With my luck, it's possible.

Speaking of swine flu, I got this picture as a text message today:



Underneath it, my sister typed: "Got swine?"

Yes, it's true. My sister has swine flu. She's locked herself in the basement, and she speaks to everyone through the basement door. They leave food on the top step. She only comes out at night and creeps around the house then. My oldest niece Prada says Auntie Grace, she's become nocturnal. I wouldn't be surprised if Jedi riggs up some communication device, with one tin can on each end and a strong that stretches from the basement door to the couch where my sister is convalescing (certainly not malingering) in front of the fireplace.

Although this isn't pig related, one of the attorneys I work with had to take her husband to the hospital today because he probably has meningitis. Though, at this point, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that it was swine flu.

I need to get my flu shot. I bought more hand sanitizer. I sanitized my office space with it. I might have a problem with germs.

Of course, there is the metaphorical pig. It's almost Halloween. I love chocolate. This means there is about to be too much chocolate in my house for me to handle. It's good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. However, that does not stop the end result of Vor walking in on me stuffing my face with chocolate, chocolate smeared all over my face and fingers, and me going, What?

If a pig showed up at our house, I'm not sure what would happen at this point; be eaten, or eat us, or stand up on its hind legs and say, hey! Friends!. Or maybe just sneeze on us.

1 comment:

That Married Couple said...

1. I love bacon and married a bacon-lover. Also, I grew up on a pig farm. Coincidence? I think not.
2. I'm sorry to hear about your sister!
3. I am completely unafraid of swine flu. Besides making sure to wash my hands at the airport yesterday, it has not affected my life in the least. I've never gotten a flu shot and don't intend to start now. I'm pretty sure this hardheadedness will result in a nasty case of said flu.
4. Yay chocolate, and thanks for the shout-out!
5. I LOVED your last paragraph. I could just see this pig sauntering through the front door :)