Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Blog Salad V

I loooooooooooooove salad.

Lettuce. Work is the lettuce now. I am trying to learn, to adjust, to not ask stupid questions, and I am failing miserably at all these things. I just DON'T. KNOW. So I ask. Which means I am adding to everyone's work load because I AM USELESS. Sigh. Also, I spent the day in protective order court, and then went to the jail to deal with someone there. When Vor finally came home at 8:30 that night and went over to a partner's house, I walked in, told them where I had been, and they silently handed me a glass of wine. I drank it, very fast. Jail. It's disgusting. Just stay clean and legal people; if I can't handle it for a few hours, you don't even want to know. Also, Vor is wonderful because he fixed my desk at work. I still love work, it just makes me a little anxious right now, because I feel like I am screwing everything up. I don't know who had the brilliant idea to drop a sword on my shoulder and knight me as a lawyer, but it was a pretty stupid idea, if you ask me. I need more knowledge.

Vegetables. The part of the salad I don't really want to deal with....mmmm... school loans! Yes, people, my school loans are finally in repayment, and DAMN they are scary. Those little pieces of paper have awfully big numbers on them.

Croutons/Cranberries/Almonds. The sweet spots. Vor gave me a very sweet card the other day; it made me a little misty-eyed. Also, he has been very good, kind, and understanding with this whole shifting into a career thing, as well as with the slightly disturbing and mostly crappy news I received the other day. I know, I'm swearing, I'll try to stop. But he is making my life easier in a such a huge way, just by being himself. Love that man of mine.

Salad Dressing. Catalina. I hate that dressing, so whenever it's on a salad, I only eat the sweet stuff.

It's been a stressful few weeks.

2 comments:

LawMommy said...

Keep asking questions. Better to ask the questions and appear stupid than to not ask the questions and commit malpractice.

Also, be incredibly nice to the clerks and the baliffs. They know how things are supposed to work and if you admit ignorance (and play the "i'm brand new, please help me" card, generally, they will help you." Learn the names of the clerks and the baliffs, chat with them about their kids, etc. If they like you, your stuff will get taken care of.

Grace said...

I's bringing them cookies for Christmas! They have already saved my ass :) Thanks!