Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Just When You thought I Might Work Too Much

I can't believe how busy I've been. So here's a quickie for you (God, get your mind out of the gutter. Sheesh.):

1. I was just kicked out of the office. Literally. The CEO came down and said, Grace, vamoose. Don't come back until after the holiday. No, I don't want to hear about how you have to file this, and write that, etc. No court for you tomorrow. Home. Now. I guess I have to learn how to deal with this job better. No one is in immediate danger right now, the deadlines have to be pushed back, and I need a break or I will burn out early. Breathe. Learn. Recover. Repeat.

2. I had a successful mini bench trial yesterday. Woo hoo! Hopefully it means good things for the family involved.

3. It snows, it melts, it rains, it ices, it snows, it melts. I never thought I would say this, but give me a good old fashioned blizzard a la Buffalo over this crap. I would rather have five feet of snow than the slush.

4. It's Christmas? What? Je ne comprehend pas. I thought it was still October?!?

5. The dog is staring at me. By staring at me, I mean he is putting on the most pathetic face you can imagine, with his eyes lifted up to me, all soulful, with wrinkles on his forehead, with that little golden retriever tail thumping slightly, sadly, lonely, love me. I think he wants peanut butter.

6. Well, they kicked me out of the office, but they can't kick the office out of me. I took me laptop, and I am going to finish these $@*# court orders. Now.

1 comment:

That Married Couple said...

Good for your boss for shooing you out! I hope you all have a great Christmas!