Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Just So We're Clear

It's 1 am. Lis is screaming, just like she does every night. Not sleeping, still. We're going on 4 months of this nonsense (bonus! 4 months since surgery & she's doing great!). I'm so tired, and I'm angry almost all the time. I have a new case on my docket that is so public and sensitive that I won't even breathe a word of it here, but rest assured I was working on it all night until the screaming started.

I give up. I really do. I love Lis, but something has got to change.

5 comments:

Attorney at Large said...

Benedryl. Now I'm not even pretending about it. Dose the kid (check with pediatrician) and get a good night's sleep. The stuff is really benign. The dangerous thing is that you both are completely depleted and have no quality of life. You're dangerous if you're driving this. Your clients are not getting anything close to your best work. Your sanity needs sleep.

More expensively, what about a relief nanny service so you can check into a hotel for two days and just catch up on sleep?

CP said...

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry! I know how this is- being tired and grumpy and unproductive! My 7 month old was waking up 4-8 times a night two weeks ago. I finally just did the cry-it-out thing and it totally worked for us (I was 120% against it before I became desperate). I know Lis is a special situation with her surgery so it probably isn't an option for you? Do you know why she is waking up? Discomfort?

Izzie said...

Oh no. This is terrible. I don't have any suggestion really, just to say I'm sure others will give good advice and you'll be able to get some rest soon.

Grace said...

Oh, no. We are totally going to start letting her cry it out. She's far enough out from surgery that we don't need to worry about her ICP, and she's just AWAKE.

AAL- my MIL takes her overnight once a week so we can sleep! But yeah, I'm starting to really feel it at work.

todayadvocatingtomorrow said...

I am so sorry. I hope things get better very quickly! Lack of sleep and frustration and stress all rolled up into one ball is just horrible.