Friday, March 22, 2013

Happy Colors

It's officially official.  Lis?  She's got red hair.  Not RED red hair, but its definitely got a strawberry flavor to it.  When all three of us are out together, people look at her, then look at me, then look at Vor. No, we don't have red hair.  No, she's not the milkman's kid.  Yes, there are red heads on both sides of the family.  SHE WAS CONCEIVED IN IRELAND WHAT DO YOU WANT.

I'm actually thrilled.  My grandma has this gorgeous auburn hair, and Lis kind of has her look a nit, so it makes me smile, and think of her.

Otherwise, things making me happy include:

1. Next Friday.  We will be taking Lis to the Children's Museum, and I am so freaking excited, I don't have words for it.

2. Today, or sometime this weekend.  We're taking Lis to one of those indoor playgrounds.  I think she's going to lose her mind when she sees a ball pit.  Screw the germs--if it wears this kid out, then I am all in (DID I MENTION SHE IS NOT SLEEPING AGAIN) (She's not sleeping again)

3. It's sunny today, and I organized my seeds for my garden.  On the menu this year: lettuce, spinach, strawberries, blueberries, spaghetti squash, cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes, beans, basil, chives, scallions, rosemary, beets, and carrots.  Got my seeds started in their starter pots.  Stood outside for 30 seconds before I froze and ran back in.

4.  My clothes are here!  And they are too big! The won't fit me in very short order! I'm closer to another size down!

5. It's Friday, which means Vor will come home at a normal hour, and he will have a beer and I will have some wine, and we will chase Lis all over the house and she will fall asleep in his arms while we all watch our nightly episode of Star Trek: Enterprise.

6. Lis's new trick.  she puts one hand on each side of your face, preferably your cheeks, and pulls you close for a nose rub.  Then she leans back and pats your cheeks.  I DIE.

Happy weekend to you!

1 comment:

CP said...

Lis' new trick souns aorable! We are big fans of ball pits also :)