Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Peace

The cranberry sauce is made, and the pumpkin pie is cooling. The bourbon-chocolate-pecan pie is ready to be put in the oven. The apples are just waiting to be peeled and sliced for applesauce. Various items are just waiting to be assembled, or rolled, or placed in the correct pan and cooked.

Lis is up stairs in her crib, talking instead of napping. She had a huge day at the Children's Museum and she be exhausted and dead to the world, but no, she's not and by the way, I don't need to sleep at night anymore either, mama, thank you. The night terrors are back, and ugh. But despite the no napping and no sleeping, she's happy and healthy, and yells MAMA and flings her hands around my neck, then pats my back.

So, there's food on my table and love in my house, and yeah, we're all pretty thankful here.


No comments: