Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Mercy

Lis was being a small bit of a PITA this morning, and I kept saying to Vor that she just wasn't acting right. No fever, no other signs of illness, just...PITA. She yelled NO at me the entire drive to school, and when I got out of the car to unbuckle her, she projectile vomited all over herself, the car seat, the car, and of course, me.

NO = I DON'T FEEL GOOD MAMA TAKE ME HOME NO SCHOOL TODAY. Okay, Lis. Noted for future reference.

She and I both had to change outfits no fewer than four times. There were three baths. All the furniture in the house is covered with sheets because, of course, we just got new furniture. My MIL offered to help and have us come up there, but it ended up being extremely inefficient. I ended up helping my MIL more with stuff (remember? she fell and broke her wrist and her face and had to have two emergency surgeries? haaaaaa oh god). I got about 3 hours of work done. I am now one week and two days behind in my work, due to snow, surgery, and sickness.

We have friends I've mentioned before who have a special needs child--the child was extremely likely to die at birth, but here she is, four years later, still alive. She has a terminal diagnosis, though, and small things, like colds, can be really dangerous for her. She has pneumonia.

Our friends with the baby in the NICU had some great strides, then some major back pedaling, and their son is now back on the respirator, and has holes in heart. I suppose backsliding while in the NICU isn't unusual--two steps forward, one step back--but it's hard to see, and it's so hard to help them.

My broken toe hurts, three weeks later. I am getting a sinking feeling that it did not line up right and it is setting incorrectly.

2014, you suck.

No comments: