Friday, July 25, 2014

Sprint, Not A Marathon

I don't know that I'm going to have too much to say around here until after we get back from Seattle. It's going to be a sprint from here until vacation time; there are general wedding things to be done, packing, all the lists that accompany a long vacation, and oh God, work. So much office work to do before I leave.

I'm super excited about this trip except for one thing: pictures. Despite eating well and going to the gym/running 3-4 times a week, my weight is stuck. I kind of hate everything about my body right now. I feel terrible. I don't even want to talk about it. I sure as hell don't want professional photographic evidence of it.

Daisy posted this thing about life as Mom and whoa vacation lists, and I have nothing to add. Except, you know, my own lists: my list, Lis's list, the general us list, the electronic list, the work list, the food list (we are renting a house and need to get groceries when we get there) and so on. LISTS VACATIONS MEANS LISTS.

Work? Work. Jebus. I'm bringing it home at night, working through lunch. I'm taking it on vacation. I'm flying out for the change of command ceremony for my brother and I'm looking forward to the travel time so I can WORK. IN PEACE. This publication deadline is starting to loom, and I just submitting a grant for $600,000 and if that doesn't make you hyperventilate, then you're a better human than me.

The light at the end of the tunnel? That would be the mental image of me, sitting on the porch of our waterfront house on Bainbridge Island, looking across at Seattle, wine in hand. I will make it.


2 comments:

CP said...

Looking forward to a meet up! About hating your body and anticipating pictures, sometimes it is best to just buy a new outfit that you love and that looks good with/flatters your current body. Hope the packing goes well!

Grace said...

Haaaaaaa oh god packing. ALL THE LISTS.