Sunday, December 13, 2015

Capital T, Rhymes with P, Stands For Partner

Yesterday was Vor's Christmas party.

I rented a very sparkly dress from Rent The Runway (fabulous, fabulous job. I'll review that later), and we stayed downtown, and we drank and danced and had fun. We actually saw each about not at all, because it was a big night for Vor and I, so we were constantly pulled in different directions, which is to say--

Vor made partner.

I... well. I don't know how we got here. I mean, I know. But he started there as a summer associated 9 years ago, before we were married, and here we are, both lawyers with a kid, and he's a partner, and his associates are like my baby chicks that I take in at Thanksgiving and other holidays, soothe when they need it, and try to generally to be kind and thoughtful. You know, like the other partners' spouses did for me and Vor.

It was a good party. It's a good thing. I'm just still processing it, but above all, I am proud of him, and I know how much we both did to get here.

No comments: