1. We had An Incident at Lis's daycare shortly after my last post. It necessitated time off from work while I looked for a new daycare, weeks of Toddler In The Office time, too much screen time for Lis, and general schedule upsets. We have a new daycare, and it is going swimmingly. I am still angry whenever I think about The Incident and I wish I had a crystal ball so that I could have seen it coming, and I wish that I had picked up a few things faster, and I wish a thousand things.
I really can't say any more than that about it because there are ongoing...things... as a result. AS WELL THERE SHOULD BE. Cue rage.
So, that is part of the reason I disappeared for more than a month with nary a word--I got so back logged at work I couldn't fight my way out.
2. I found a spot. On my skin. And it's growing. I... well. My parents have both had bouts of skin cancer, so let's say I am rightly FREAKING OUT as I wait to get into my doctor. Not a long wait, but any wait between discovery and examination is terrifying.
Good thoughts or vibes would be appreciated.
3. As if that wasn't enough, I have some how landed myself on the nightly news twice in the last couple weeks. People! They want to interview me! For Reasons! (Not related to Lis's daycare, related to my work). It is...awful to see yourself on camera. I mean, JEBUS camera woman. You are a woman, too! You know you shouldn't film someone from that angle! It's just mean! At least I sounded like I knew what the hell I was doing.
4. Speaking of Fake It Till You Make it, I joked with someone that I was wondering when someone was going to realize that they were putting ME out there in presentations and in front of the camera instead of someone who knows what they're doing. Instead of laughing, this person blinked at me, and was all "You're joking, right? You're becoming the go to person."
Well. I guess I'm not a baby lawyer anymore; I've been faking it long enough; I've made it.
5. My cousin died. Another cousin, from the same branch of the family tree that I lost two cousin last year--one to a sudden heart attack, the other to cancer. This cousin was only 14, and it was a plane crash. Fucking plane crashes.
6. My posting on here will be sporadic until January. My huge publication deadline is the end of December, and it is a dead sprint until then to get it all done.
Fake it til you make it, indeed.
2 days ago