Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Travel Planning: Acadia National Park

I can't believe I get to do this, but the stars aligned and everything came out just right, and it looks like this fall break we will be in Acadia National Park.

Our original plan was Rocky Mountain NP, but EJ and I were talking about fall break and travel plans, and she asked about other places. So she and I came up with a list of other places we thought it would be cool to visit. When I mentioned Acadia to JK, he immediately latched on to that idea because (1) something new and (2) we would fly into Boston, which would give us the chance to see his sister. So, we are off and running on an Acadia National Park adventure--neither of us have ever been, and we've always to go. I may plan a solo trip to RMNP for a short weekend, just so I can get my time in the place I love most. 

Tentative plan: Fly to Boston, rent car. Drive to Acadia and stay in vacation rental there. Hike, explore, do the national park things for 4-5 days. Come back to Boston, hang out with JK's sister, do the Boston touristy things (and maybe toss in some national historical sites!), for a day or two, then head back.

I've started planning hikes and picking places to stay. I tried to talk JK into a train ride from Boston to Maine, but no dice there. 

No comments: