Monday, January 24, 2022

Well, hello there.

 A long time ago, I was a bored* law student and I started a blog. I was newly engaged and living apart my from fiancée while he finished law school. Then we got married, and I inherited his mischievous golden retriever who I loved but alas, made it to 12 years old before needing to say goodbye. Then JK and I got a new dog, Telly, who was... chaotic good? Chaotic evil? Lawful evil? I don't know, but he was mischief personified. He lived with us in bliss but not harmony until July 2020, so well into the pandemic.

Did I mention there was a pandemic? And we have two kids?

We are very golden retriever focused over here, so now we have Finn OH AND two children. They are lovely, adorable creatures with funny personalities who give us both love and grief, in all the best ways. It seems that mostly harmless mischief is our brand for all creatures for whom we provide care because honestly, it's a bit out of control over here most of the time, and it's fun.

If I sent you here, looking for old travel posts or old posts on craniosynostosis, I've hidden them. Remind me, and I will get you the info you need another way. If you are here because of craniosynostosis: I am giving you a hug right now. You're not alone. A shocking number of us have gone through this.

My law-work life is stressful AF and honestly, I don't ever want to talk about it here, except maybe in vague moments or funny nonconfidential anecdotes. Mostly, what I want to you about is hiking and travel. Yes, I am aware that we are still pandemic-ing, so at first, I am probably going to rehash some favorite trips, but we are slowly starting to venture out with mostly drivable trips. 

JK and I somehow stumbled into hiking on our honeymoon. We planned to go to Hawaii but then decided Colorado was cheaper and easier to get to, and less likely to have cell service in the mountains. We were correct on all accounts. We went to Colorado Springs, and then to Estes Park and had a blast. We saw cool trails and wandered off down, or rather, in the Rocky Mountains, UP them, utterly unprepared. No water, no hiking supplies, sneakers not boots, just honeymooning fools. We discovered that I get altitude sickness! That was fun. But nevertheless, it was so stunning that we kept going back. We kept loving being outdoors. We kept hiking, with dogs, and then with kids. The hiking gear and experience grew, and we are where we are now.

So, let's chat hiking and parks and travel and dogs and kids on the road. Maybe there will be legal-ese, too.

*not bored, like, no work, more like, oh Lord, please give me something else to do besides this never ending drudgery.

No comments: